Liberty Christian Academy welcomes students from all over the world. Over the years, we’ve been blessed to educate students from over 20 countries and help them realize their God-given potential.
Steps to apply to Liberty Christian Academy
Submit a complete application:
LCA uses online applications as it simplifies submission and provides parents and agents the ability to track the status of their child’s application. To begin the Online Application process, Create an Account
Upload the following documents in your online application
- Affidavit of Financial Support (Bank Statement)
- The statement must show that the student can pay for one semester of school
- Three Years of Academic Records, Transcripts, and Grades (current school year and previous two years)
- Student should bring an official transcript to LCA upon arriving in the United States (an official transcript is not required before the first day of school)
- Three Years of Discipline Records (current school year and previous two years).
- If the student has no discipline record, the previous school must write a letter to LCA on the student’s behalf (on school letterhead). The letter must declare that the student is in “good standing” with the previous school.
- Three Years of Attendance Records (current school year and previous two years)
- Copy of Student’s Passport Page showing birth date and picture
- Copy of an English Proficiency Score from iTEP SLATE, TOEFL IBT, or IELTS score (SLEP or TOEFL Jr. is not accepted). [Score Requirement]
- Medical Records and Immunization Records
- 500 Word, Handwritten Essay by the applying student describing either 1) themselves and their relationship with Jesus Christ or 2) a personal introduction. This essay must be hand-written and written without assistance.
- Complete the following items:
- Sign a financial contract. Parents or an agent representing the parent must sign the financial contract.
- Submit non-refundable deposit of 25% of total tuition. You must submit a non-refundable payment of 25% of the total tuition cost when you return the signed contract.
- Set up tuition payment. You will set up payment for tuition for the full school year (this payment is not refundable).
- Find a host family and submit a copy of the notarized Power of Attorney documentation (Document must be signed by the student’s parents and notarized).
- LCA will issue an I-20. The I-20 must be taken to the U.S. Consulate in the student’s home country in order to apply for an F-1 (student) visa. If the student is already in the U.S. and has a current I-20, the student and International Student Advisor need to fill out the I-20 transfer form.
Plan your arrival in Lynchburg
- All New Students are required to attend the New Student Orienation. Orientation is typically on the Monday approximately 10 days before the first day of school. The student’s acceptance letter will have the exact time, date, and location for orientation.
- LCA will proctor an ESL placement test with each student whose first language is not English. After the ESL placement test, LCA will inform the student of his/her ESL level. The international student must accept the ESL recommendation in order to attend LCA. The ESL testing will be conducted face to face at LCA.
- The student will meet with the LCA Guidance Department to determine his or her class schedule.
- The student will have a Virginia School Entrance Health Physical. LCA will provide a free health physical within one week of the first day of school. If the student does not attend that health physical, the student must schedule his or her own health physical (at the cost of the student) in the United States by a licensed physician before attending LCA.
Things to do after acceptance
If you are currently holding a valid F-1 visa and transferring from an institution in the US to Liberty Christian Academy, you must fill out LCA’s transcript request form. Once you complete it, you can email the form to email@example.com.
If you are currently holding a valid F-1 visa and transferring your SEVIS record form another institution in the US to Liberty Christian Academy, you must fill out LCA’s I-20 transfer form and complete it with your current school’s Designated School Officer (DSO). Once you complete it, you can email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LCA’s Power of Attorney must be signed and notarized by the student’s parents to give the US host family the legal authority to make decisions about the student’s health, education, and general welfare.
Flywire will need to be used to pay all international wire payments (Application fee & tuition payments). There is a 3% processing fee on all credit/debit card payments at the Office of Student Account.
All students from 8th grade to 12th will receive an iPad from LCA for school purposes. Students need to complete and sign this form with their guardian before receiving an iPad from school.
All students are required to register a Renweb account to be able to access their school information.
All students who require immunizations will receive a notice from the Nurses Office on the day of your health physical. Students will need to contact and schedule vaccinations with the Lynchburg Health Department at 307 Alleghany Ave, Lynchburg, VA 24501. The phone number is 434-477-5900.