8:15 – 9:06 Period 1
9:11 – 10:01 Period 2
10:06 – 10:57 Period 3
11:02 – 11:52 Period 4
11:52 – 12:22 “A” Lunch
12:27 – 1:17 Period 5
11:57 – 12:47 Period 5
12:47 – 1:17 “B” Lunch
1:22 – 2:12 Period 6
2:17 – 3:07 Period 7
- Call or email Mrs. Ross in the High School office by 9 am if your student will be absent for the day.
- Please send a handwritten note or email Brenda Ross to submit a parent excuse for an absence.
- A call to the school to alert of an absence, does not excuse the absence.
- Students will be marked absent if they miss more than 10 minutes of any class period and prior to that will be marked tardy for class.
- Students with 9 or more unexcused absences per semester will not receive credit for the class.
- Early dismissals/Late Arrivals
- Students may leave early if they have a signed note, email,or phone call from a parent/guardian.
- Please have students drop off early dismissal notes in the high school office by 8:15.
- All middle and high school students must sign in, in their respective office.
- Text messaging from parents is not considered an acceptable form of permission for early dismissals.
- Excused Absences:
- Doctor notes from a doctor appointment/illness will be excused when received by the High school office within 48 hours of absence (or upon return to school). Doctor’s notes maybe sent via fax to 434-832-2054 or scanned to email at firstname.lastname@example.org ** those absences that have not been excused within the allotted time will be considered unexcused absences.
- Due to the current challenges with COVID -19, Parent excuse notes will be accepted as an excused absence from school. Please send a handwritten note or email Brenda Ross to submit a parent excuse for an absence. All absences that do not have an excused note on file, will be considered unexcused. Students may have 9 unexcused absences in a class per semester and still receive credit for the course.
- Planned Absence:
- Pick up a planned absence form from the high school office for extended absences.
- Have planned absence form signed by all teachers,parent/guardian, and administration for approval.
- This form does not excuse the absences but makes teachers aware of your student’s absence.
- Students are responsible for communicating with teachers regarding any make up work.
- Students will receive a detention for every 5 accumulated tardies to classes per quarter
- Detention will be served before school or during lunch on specified date(s) as determined by administration.